Music Mix Monday

Note From Mom

Grandma’s house circa 1980.

Giving Steve’s Music Mix another spin. If you want to play too, click the link. Here’s the instructions if you’re curious:

3 new questions are posted weekly:

• Go to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle
  • Say the questions aloud and press play
  • Use the song title as your answers
  • NO CHEATING

Here’s how my mix sounds:

1) This time yesterday I was…?

A Fond Farewell-Elliott Smith

Comment: “He said really I just want to dance good and evil match perfect, it’s a great romance, and I can deal with some psychic pain, if it will slow down my higher brain…” hmmm…not sure what to make of that. Did I dance with evil yesterday? I did make a McDonald’s pitstop along the way. Maybe it does fit!

2) This time tomorrow I will be…?

Havalina-Pixies

Comment: “Walking in the breeze on the plains of old Sedona, Arizona among the trees.” Guess I’ll be daydreaming about AZ tomorrow.

3) This time next year I will be…?

I’m So Tired-The Beatles

Comment: “I’m so tired I haven’t slept a wink, I’m so tired my mind is on the blink, I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink…” So this time next year will be basically the same as today. Good to know.

One thought on “Music Mix Monday

March 3, 2014 at 8:52 am

Great “answers”, especially The Pixies 🙂

• March 3, 2014 at 10:04 am

Thanks Sheena! Wave of Mutilation popped on yesterday. Haven’t heard them in ages. Still sounds great.

2. March 3, 2014 at 9:35 am

Wake up and smell the mcdonalds lol

• March 3, 2014 at 10:03 am

Truly! Another soul searching edition of Music Monday. Thanks Steve!

3. March 3, 2014 at 9:35 am

Grandma had a record player to keep you dancing and happy. You didn’t need a stereo yet, I can tell.

• March 3, 2014 at 10:02 am

To state the obvious, I loved that record player. Wish I could tell what was on the turn table. I’m still that simple girl. Just play some good music and I’m happy. Same goes for you from what I gather. 🙂

• March 3, 2014 at 10:09 am

Yes, same goes for me, Sandra. My favorite, though, is live, simple instrumentation, grass-roots style. In my past life, I put together a video series of original Central New York music, bands in a plain white studio to video camera microphone. And people loved it. I think you can find it by googling my name + syracuse.com + Music Notes Performance. That series was a sweet responsbility.

• March 3, 2014 at 10:13 am

Nice! I will definitely check it out! Can I also find the Natalie Merchant/10,000 maniacs review there?

• March 3, 2014 at 10:24 am

No, that came before the company added the web site, decades ago.
        But I did dig up this link to a video I oversaw. It includes twins, a ukulele, and a percussionist in a hat.
        Let me know what you think, Sandra.

• March 3, 2014 at 10:45 am

I love it! Zombie Rock Opera…sounds amazing. I like the song that was featured too. Thanks for sharing this Mark!

• March 3, 2014 at 10:50 am

That particular video was posted the day before I was laid off. I will forever hold it in high esteem. The Goldsworthy sisters are wonderful performers, both. Thanks, Sandra.

• March 3, 2014 at 10:57 am

A great performance. Unfortunate to hear you were laid off. I hope the change ushered in new opportunities.

• March 3, 2014 at 11:10 am

Yes, it did, and this WordPress blog is one of them. It’s hard going, though. I was at that company for just shy of 30 years. The reinvention of my professional self is coming along, with film blogs, community blogs and various rewarding free-lance writing. A 40-hour position may be coming soon, knock on wood, to add to the foundation. Thanks, Sandra.

• March 3, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Glad to hear that!

4. March 4, 2014 at 6:38 am

You remind me of my oldest daughter. The first thing she did when she got up each morning was turn on her record player.

• March 4, 2014 at 7:52 am

Yep, that sounds like me too!