Socks and Sandals

dad and me

Where to start with this one? I guess we should begin with introductions. This is me and my dad. My dad has always reminded me of Elvis. Mexican Elvis. He’s cool. I’m the perp in this lineup. The obvious question is what’s the point of sandals AND socks? Blush. Also 20 year old self, what are you thinking rockin’ the Berkley hat and hoodie on the university of new mexico campus? Not even in the same state. You didn’t even bother to apply knowing it was pointless. Don’t get me started on the spandex. Yikes.

But you know what? Oliva dug this one out of a shoe box under the bed, took it to the fridge and asked me to hang it up. Now that’s unconditional love.

One thought on “Socks and Sandals

1. March 4, 2014 at 8:10 am

Dad does look pretty cool – I like the analogy to a “Mexican Elvis”

• March 4, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Thank you! I think so too.

2. March 4, 2014 at 11:01 am

Socks and sandals are okay. Capice!!!!!
    šŸ˜†

• March 4, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Judging from your pics, you would look cool in just about anything Ninna, so I agree with you there! I think I just look silly in so many ways.

• March 4, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Now you’re silly! You’re a real beauty!
        For me? Remember I’m doing the pictures…
        šŸ˜†

3. March 4, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I guess it’s a daughter thing. I always thought my dad looked like Randolph Scott, who was always featured in westerns, and I loved to watch them, way back when. My dad always wore a hat and later in his life we bought him a Stetson hat.

• March 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm

It must be a daughter thing Dora! Last year on Etsy I ran across a card for Father’s Day that read, “Daddy, forever his son’s hero; always will remain her first love.” I thought that was sweet.

4. March 4, 2014 at 12:16 pm

It’s funny how you apologize for every bit of clothing you had on, yet your dad looks like he could wear the same clothes today. Interesting.

• March 4, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Good point! Isn’t it funny how trends come and go more often in the women’s department verses the men’s?

5. March 4, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Your dad is happy to be with his sandals-and-socks wearing, wrong-school touting, spandex sporting daughter, Sandra. At that moment, you were owning it all. Great photo.

6. April 21, 2014 at 7:38 am

Ah, yes, the Melvis post, Sandra. I had forgotten how you rock the socks with sandals look! šŸ™‚

• April 21, 2014 at 7:42 am

But wait! I’ve got a current one in the works in defense of my WordPress Bestie! Will post shortly. Fine tuning it now. Playing with smell-o-widget. Trying to pair it with that ditto scent for added effect.

• April 21, 2014 at 8:10 am

Ah, you are so wise and talented in ways of WordPress, Sandra. The scratch-and-sniff blog! šŸ™‚