A Taste of What’s to Come

Here’s a picture walk through the weekend so far:

Sheep

Oliva was excited about visiting her grandparents and meeting the sheep, see them grazing in the background? She stayed overnight and slept in the “magic bed,” otherwise known as the sofa sleeper that Grandpa crashes in on the occasions when he finds himself out of other options. With the little one away the hubby and I went out to dinner.

date nightThat’s me in the Jiminy Cricket shoes. It was so nice to eat a meal and talk to each other. Even though we spent most of our time talking about her and wondering if she was having fun. We made time to go to the nursery this weekend too. Here’s a snap of an apple tree in bloom:

apple blossom

“How we apples swim.” -Jonathan Swift

I also worked on a DIY backyard project post that is more verbose than usual around these parts. I’m breaking it into bite size posts that I’ll share throughout the week. And the above quote should make more sense come Friday. I hope you all are having a great weekend! Anything special on the agenda?

Love,

Sandra

One thought on “A Taste of What’s to Come

1. April 13, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Good for you guys on planning a date night!

• April 13, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Thanks Catherine! It was mellow but fun too. It’s amazing how time seems to stand still when she’s not around.

2. April 13, 2014 at 4:17 pm

It seems like a weekend well-spent for the little one and the two big ones, Sandra. The shoe-shot is very cool. Lucky you and hubby for a date night. I look forward to the garden posts to come, my friend.

• April 13, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Thanks Mark! The weekend zipped by. I see I missed a post of yours. Looking forward to catching up. Talk to you soon!

3. April 13, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Good times and anxious for your post.

• April 14, 2014 at 7:57 am

Thanks Dora! I hope you enjoy it.

4. April 14, 2014 at 7:19 am

Great post!

I’m diggin’ the shoes. I’ve been trying to find a men’s version of the shoes for who knows how long.

• April 14, 2014 at 7:59 am

Thanks Christopher! I love them too. A co-worker found a pair of leather vans that were done up to mimic oxfords like these. They were so awesome! Still looking for those too.

5. April 14, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Li’l D would be so excited to meet the sheep! They’ve got goats in a small petting zoo at Disneyland, but I think that’s about it for the non-canine/feline animal meetings in his life so far. 🙂