Music Mix Monday

Giving Steve’s Music Mix another spin. If you want to play too, click this link for more info. Here’s the instructions if you’re curious:

3 new questions are posted weekly:

• Go to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle
  • Say the questions aloud and press play
  • Use the song title as your answers
  • NO CHEATING

This week my Punk Rock Pal, Sheena fashioned these three questions for us to pose to the cosmos. Here’s how my mix sounds:

1) How Do I Look?

The Weight-The Band

Comments: Ok, so I guess these jeans DO make my butt look big. Thanks for tip-toeing around that one. Yeah, that was me being sarcastic.

2) What Should I Wear Tonight?

Rabbit Fur Coat-Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins

Comments: It’s gonna be in the 90s today, as in the forecast. Not the decade. You’re being quite contrary today Mr. Shuffle setting.

3) What Should I Wear Tomorrow?

Aubrey-Bread

Comments: This one is not so clear to me. Bread, the band…so maybe I should wear a bread dress ga ga style (you know, the vegetarian version of the meat dress)? Although that sits well with my conscience, it doesn’t jive with The Man’s dress code. I’m stumped. Perhaps Mr. Shuffle’s response will be better understood as the day draws near. I can only hope.

Have a great week guys and dolls!

One thought on “Music Mix Monday

1. May 12, 2014 at 9:54 am

Your shuffle is obviously confused today, Sandra, on all three answers. Bad shuffle!

• May 13, 2014 at 7:20 am

Bad shuffle for sure. Thanks Mark! It’s Tuesday, maybe I can have a do over?

• May 13, 2014 at 7:29 am

Great think about shuffle. You can push it and push it and push it … !!!!! Happy Music Mix Tuesday, Sandra!

May 12, 2014 at 9:58 am

OK, your second answer had me choking on Diet Pepsi. Smarty pants, shuffle!

I gotta think on the Bread one. White or whole wheat? 🙂

• May 13, 2014 at 7:24 am

Glad to make you laugh! But please don’t choke. You’re too far for me to resuscitate. I like that bread question. It’s very telling isn’t it with all the types out there: artisan, dutch crunch, lavish, sourdough….I’m going with whole wheat…how ’bout you?

• NotAPunkRocker
        May 13, 2014 at 7:25 am

Brioche! If it has to be fashionable, may as well be from France 😉

• May 13, 2014 at 7:49 am

Fancy! Nice choice pal. In that case, make mine a chocolate croissant!

3. May 12, 2014 at 10:11 am

Your answers were much better than the one’s I got from my iPod.

• May 13, 2014 at 7:26 am

I think something funky is passing through the cosmos because everyone’s tracks sounded a little off.

4. Abbi
    May 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

Lol!

5. May 12, 2014 at 10:40 am

Haha. These answers made me laugh. Defo wear a bread dress!

• May 13, 2014 at 7:27 am

Glad to make you laugh! I’ll think about the bread dress.

6. May 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm

What a groovy picture. I like it very much.

• May 12, 2014 at 8:03 pm

“Groovy”
      Everytime I try to resurrect that word, I am accused of being drunk (or high).
      It just ain’t fair.

• May 12, 2014 at 10:03 pm

You are? No it isn’t fair.
        Then I wonder what I might be accused of. O_o (I never drink nor do drugs.)
        For being Swedish? For seeing too many movies?
        XD

• May 12, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Swedish? Ya know one of my favorite films is “The Seventh Seal’
        Is that obnoxious that I would bring that up?
        Such an old movie.
        (I am a film buff, but underachiever…)
        I love the word ‘groovy’…it just should have never been retired….
        😉

• May 12, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I don’t do drugs either.
        But I have (obviously)
        Hahahahah

• May 13, 2014 at 7:28 am

LOL! I love that word too.

• May 13, 2014 at 7:27 am

Thank you kindly Ninna!

• May 13, 2014 at 7:46 am

😉

7. May 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I feel ignorant when I read these song titles bc I don’t know most of them. I’ve heard of Bread but not Aubrey, only Aubrey Plaza on TV who never smiles, so maybe just wear a dress that cost a lot of bread but don’t smile. Or lie down in a dress and sprinkle white bread crumbs all over yourself and let the seagulls peck away at you until they are satiated. You could call that performance art. No, you might look homeless. Just wear the rabbit fur coat like it’s 1981 again.

• May 13, 2014 at 7:32 am

Kerbs! You’re brilliant. Why didn’t I think of that? Yes, a dress that costs a lot of dough must be the answer to the riddle! I thought for sure you would know these songs, maybe with the exception of Jenny Lewis she’s just a kitten. But the others are right smack in the decade of music you and I riff on. Right? 70s 80s-ish. I’ll have to dig around for some links to prove it.

• May 13, 2014 at 9:44 am

You’re right. I didn’t realize the title. I thought it was called, “Take a load off, Fanny.” Okay, I’m not so dense after all.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:07 am

We are two peas in a pod! I am terrible with titles but play the song and I can sing along. PS: when you have a minute, you must watch this. Only when you have time to really take it all in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6IKkLGmNc
        You can thank me later. 😉

• May 14, 2014 at 12:03 pm

A full minute of shoes and cuffed jeans–that really cleanses the palate for what’s to come, doesn’t it? Then there is Darryl’s boss hair, and what John lacks in hair, he makes up for in random pointing skills. He means business. Also, Darryl’s scarfs look very modern-day. Very Johnny Depp. I almost want to get one on one.

Magical keyboard work. Nice Chuck Taylors. Now Darryl is clappping (save it for Private Eyes, please) at an Alice n Wonderland table (save it for Tom Petty videos please). I like the sunset, but they could ditch the other band members/freaks on leashes. Thank God it wasn’t Hall & Oates & Losers. And since it was 1983, there was a mandatory sax solo. I knew that was coming.

To be fair, they were still learning the genre of videos, and because I will always have a place in my heart for Mr. Blond and Senor Mustache, I cannot dis them. I can’t go for that.

• May 14, 2014 at 4:30 pm

No can do! You just knocked another video out of the park for free! I feel like I should pay you for these play by plays. I’m a huge fan of Mr Blond, Señor mustache, and Kerbey. Always! Xoxo

• May 14, 2014 at 5:30 pm