Silly Little Lady

I never knew an oil change could be so much fun. You sang silly made up songs to me, Oliva, as we walked to breakfast while our car was being serviced, “Sweet potato, sweet potato, SWEEEEEET Po-tayyy-TOEEEsssss!!!” My silly little flower. I love you!

One thought on “Silly Little Lady

1. May 13, 2014 at 6:44 am

And suddenly you call the shop and say: “It’s OK if you can’t get my car lube done in a Jiffy!” Love the photo and Oliva’s sweet potato song, Sandra. And for some reason, now I am hankering for a McMuffin …

• May 13, 2014 at 7:39 am

Egg muffin no ham. My favorite! My first job was cash register at McD’s in the middle of no where. My register was always short random whole numbers at the end of my shift as much as $20! I was mortified. No matter how careful I was it happened often. When I was in college I heard from a friend who said the GM was found guilty of embezzlement. Turns out I wasn’t the only one who was short after every shift.

• May 13, 2014 at 9:54 am

What a lousy thing for a GM to do, make young workers look incompetent, or worse yet, dishonest. I hope some time was spent wearing horizontal stripes, Sandra.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:14 am

Thanks Mark! It was my very first job. My first boss. I thought he was so cool too. He had a great sense of humor and was always jumping in to help when anyone needed it. My first lesson in the dichotomy of life. I heard he did do some hard time. I hope it was worth it. Kinda makes me think of Breaking Bad. Did you watch that series? I wonder what was going on in his life that made him feel like he had to make those choices.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:33 am

I watched one episode of ‘Breaking Bad’ and it was too depressing for me, Sandra. Just like the tale of your manager gone wrong. It did teach you a lesson, the hard way when you were young. I wonder if it did him?

• May 14, 2014 at 5:41 am

Yeah, it was a very dark series that’s for sure. I have another friend who could only sit through one episode as well. In her previous life she was entangled with a man she watched helplessly disappear into the deep end of addiction. I couldn’t pull myself away from the storyline. I think it was the writing that I enjoyed so much. Not everybody’s cup of coffee though, I understand.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:43 am

P.S.: This convo took a dark turn off a sunny street didn’t it? Sorry ’bout the detour!

• May 14, 2014 at 6:29 am

That’s OK, Sandra. Life has many avenues, my friend. Even dark alleys.

2. May 13, 2014 at 6:45 am

Someday this will be such a sweet electronic scrapbook for her to stroll through! What a keepsake you are making!

• May 13, 2014 at 7:42 am

Thank you so much, I hope she sees it that way too someday. I am enjoying piecing it together. I need to stop by and catch up with Keri’s Journal. I think I may have missed a few entries. Last one I read was awesome. A bit of an artsy departure from prior entries. I love it. All of your entries are intriguing, really.

May 13, 2014 at 6:59 am

How sweet! Not sweet potatoes, but still sweet! 🙂

• May 13, 2014 at 7:43 am

Hold the sweet potatoes for Sheena, Oliva. How ’bout some pop rocks instead?

• NotAPunkRocker
        May 13, 2014 at 7:46 am

Seriously!

Do y’all have Sonic where you live? Matthew had a Grape slushie with Nerds candy in it last night. Pop Rocks would have been much cooler!

• May 13, 2014 at 7:54 am

Nerds! I forgot about those! I have been to Sonic when I lived in New Mexico. We don’t have them around here. Did Matthew like the grape slushie? Sounds like an interesting combo. I think you’re right. I’d like to try one with pop rocks too.

4. May 13, 2014 at 7:10 am

Her hair is gorgeous in this picture! Mine exists in one of two states: hanging down or in a ponytail.

• May 13, 2014 at 7:45 am

I like your style Deborah, similar to mine! It’s nice to hear from you. I hope you are enjoying your time with your cuddly new addition.

5. May 13, 2014 at 7:31 am

She is one little sweet potato. Love it.

• May 13, 2014 at 7:45 am

Thank you Dora! I certainly agree! xoxo

6. May 13, 2014 at 8:38 am

precious!

• May 14, 2014 at 4:53 am

Thank you! I need to remember this when she’s testing my limits at the end of the day!

7. May 13, 2014 at 10:17 am

What a sweetie!

• May 14, 2014 at 5:15 am

Thank you Catherine! Your sweet little Peeper is growing so fast too! xoxo

8. May 13, 2014 at 11:17 am

Awwwww…cute.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:17 am

“Cute,” says the Stormtrooper. I love it! Thanks! 😉

• May 14, 2014 at 5:53 am

Well, I cannot tell a lie. Okay, I could, but I won’t.

• May 14, 2014 at 5:57 am

I appreciate that! 😉

• May 14, 2014 at 5:58 am

Woohoo!!

9. May 13, 2014 at 12:02 pm

love the colors and the subject