We Congregate and Loiter

“Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.” -John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men

I started my blog with WordPress and felt like I was clapping with one hand for a long time.

Oh hey, what’s up?

Then one day a friendly kindred took a chance and hit the follow button.

bla bla…music bla bla…clowns bla bla…punchline…

Then another kind soul joined us. Pretty soon I wasn’t talking to myself but I was chatting with other like minded people.

We congregate around words and loiter among pictures. And rather like it!

I became a part of a gang. Not a thugish lot more of a collection of odd balls, think high school chess club minus the steroids. What’s that? Your chess club wasn’t on the juice? Ok, forget it. Bad analogy. I’m missing the point. Refocus. Let’s try another quote, shall we?

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” -C.S. Lewis

and one more to make up for the steroids tangent:

“I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don’t believe I deserved my friends.” -Walt Whitman

If you’re reading this, you’re a subscriber which means you’re a friend. Thank you sweet pal!

xoxo,

Sandra

Filed under: Thoughts on Friendship. A Suzie81 Speaks prompt.

One thought on “We Congregate and Loiter

1. May 22, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Aww thanks friend!

May 22, 2014 at 4:27 pm

So, we don’t get cool leather jackets? Probably just as well, summer and all.

I love the quotes at the end, and the pics, and you!

• May 22, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Members only jackets for Christmas Jeanette! Great idea!

Love you too! I’m behind catching up with you, it’s been a crappy week. Will have time to follow along this weekend. Hope you’re well!

3. May 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Your blog is quite whimsical and wonderful – I especially love this post. Those characters are endearing. You hit the proverbial bullseye of the blogger’s heart with how you’ve expressed the unique solo journey filled with people 🙂
    AnnMarie

• May 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Such a kind comment! Thank you so much for your feedback.

• May 23, 2014 at 2:38 am

You’re welcome – great blog…you’ve got quite the creative mind 🙂
        Have a wonderful weekend!
        AnnMarie

• May 23, 2014 at 7:58 pm

You too AnnMarie! Pleasure meeting you. I appreciate your sweet comments!

• May 24, 2014 at 4:55 am

Likewise…You’re most certainly welcome 🙂

4. May 22, 2014 at 4:31 pm

What a sweet post – I love it. It sounds like my experience online. You must have had an interesting high school experience;)

• May 22, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Different. Small town misbehavior. Thank you for your kind words! I always appreciate your visits!

5. May 22, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I can pick us all out in the bottom photo, Sandra. You did a remarkable job! Our gang’s all here, what the heck do we care?!

This perfectly captures our crowd’s spirit of good writing, good reading, good photos, good comments, a wise word, a sly thought, a wily wink, a hearty chuckle, a warm group hug whenever it’s needed. Thank you for putting it this simply and wonderfully, my friend.

• May 22, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Thank you for your friendship Mark! I have developed a fondness for this shared experience. And a devotion that causes me to become remorseful when I am unable to keep up with everyone’s contributions. It’s been a difficult week. I should have more time tomorrow to catch up. I hope you’re well pal! Thanks for always being a friend!

• May 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm

You fell behind after the wine wedding reception, and I am in your corner, Sandra. Enough said. xxoo

• May 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Guilty as charged! Damn hidden cost of red wine! Thanks for looking out for me pal. I got your back too. Xoxo

6. May 22, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I’m the hippo, the hungry hungry one. And even if we play Monopoly, I call dibs on the hippo. I’m glad you’re not clapping with one hand, but I think you were probably just “air spanking” like they do at the clubs. Really you were just practicing for more complicated moves, like the sprinkler and the pencil sharpener, which our chess clubs does at random.

• May 22, 2014 at 8:16 pm

You totally get me Kerbey. Yeah that’s right I was air spanking and air guitaring to pass the time. 😉

7. May 22, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I’m glad to be on your ‘roid-y chess team, blog friend!

• May 22, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Ha ha! I love it! Our chess club is the best around! Thanks for always laughing along with me. Xoxo

8. May 22, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Yes we are friends, Sandra, and I’m so happy about it!
    Even if I in periods have so much to do with other matters that I don’t have the time to interact as much. But that’s also friendship, isn’t it? To come back! 🙂

• May 23, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I completely agree, Ninna. That is friendship and I feel lucky to call you a friend. Xoxo

• May 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm

9. lundygirl
    May 23, 2014 at 6:28 am

I love loitering around pictures.

• May 23, 2014 at 8:00 pm

It’s why we click Rachel. Cheers!

• lundygirl
        May 24, 2014 at 11:59 am

🙂

10. May 23, 2014 at 7:25 am

Congrats on your blog, it’s always fun to read. I hope mine gets going with more followers, but having lots of fun with it. Hubby and kids are reading it and that makes me happy.

• May 23, 2014 at 8:05 pm

As long as you are happy Dora! I started in 2009 but didn’t post regularly and even thought about abandoning the effort altogether. But I love to write so I stuck with it and just this year I’ve started making real connections with people like you. I’m glad we’ve met. Thanks for sharing your time here with me! Xoxo

11. May 24, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Yes. I do actually read. And I read good stuff. And this post is classified as ‘good stuff’.
    (wish I had written it)
    Great
    Job

• May 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm

What a sweet comment. I admire your writing style too Lance. Thanks so much!

• May 24, 2014 at 8:44 pm

My pleasure.
        Keep writing: you do it well.

12. May 26, 2014 at 5:39 am

I’m the little piggy or the one with the bow! I love your site and your writing. I’m glad you were a one handed clapper or I never would have found you 🙂

13. June 3, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Ah, this is fantastic! The pictures and text are a perfect relationship.

14. September 2, 2014 at 7:12 pm

so cute love the whimsy

15. September 20, 2014 at 6:54 am

Greetigs from Carolina! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I love the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take
    a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fasst yor blog loaded on my phone ..

I’m not even uswing WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, superb site!

• October 12, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Pleasure meeting you! Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. I appreciate your visit and hope you will swing by often.

16. May 29, 2015 at 3:08 pm

This post, I heart! Excited to read more! Thank you for sharing. Best, Koko 🙂

• July 20, 2015 at 9:53 am

Hi Koko, thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello! You’re welcome to visit anytime! 🙂