Further Wreckage

Found more pics to share from that close call:

20140529-162310-58990418.jpg

20140529-162310-58990826.jpg
And before she toppled completely over:

20140529-162401-59041077.jpg

One thought on “Further Wreckage

May 29, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Wow! Any idea how old it was?

• May 29, 2014 at 8:58 pm

The city arborist estimated 300+ years. She was a beauty.

2. May 29, 2014 at 5:03 pm

We’ve been through that at our home a couple of times. It is so scary. I’m glad everyone in your family is okay.

• May 29, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Sacramento is referred to as the city of trees. I love living under a canopy of different varieties, makes me feel like a woodland creature. But for every pro there’s a con, right? Sorry you’ve experienced this too! I hope nobody was hurt on your end as well.

• May 30, 2014 at 5:43 am

It happened twice and neither time was anyone hurt. The second time, it would have struch our home, but another tree deflected it…..phew.

Otherwise, trees are wonderful 🙂

3. May 29, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I feel a little ‘strange’ (maybe because I AM a little strange), hitting the ‘like’ button on this post, because it is most definitely not an occurrence to ‘like’ have happen to anyone. OK, belay that. I can think of at least one person right now who (in my mind) deserves a tree or three falling on his house, certainly not you though my Friend.

But I do like that you shared it.
    (And I do hope all of that made some semblance of sense.)
    Hope the cleanup goes safely and well and without further incident.

• May 29, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Dear Lance, this makes perfect sense. I followed your train of thought without a pblm. I am not put off by your ‘like.’ I do that too, 2nd guessing if it’s appropriate sometimes. The way I see it, the like button can be a hi-five as in rock on! Or it can be a hug or an encouraging smile. Don’t worry. You’ll never hear me complain about receiving ‘likes.’ I am always encouraged by feedback! Thanks!

• May 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Sandra,
        Thank you.
        I am nothing if not sincere.
        🙂

• May 29, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I do appreciate that, friend!

• May 31, 2014 at 11:59 am

I always insist on having the last emoticon(s):
        *sly selfish grin*
        😉 😉 🙂

4. May 29, 2014 at 5:37 pm

How often did we talk about this, Sandra? I am so sorry it happened. So very sorry it happened in your beautiful yard, my friend. I am glad it was only a close call.

• May 29, 2014 at 9:24 pm

No worries Mark. I should have been more clear re: throwback post. 😉

5. May 29, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Wow, three hundred years is a darn good lifespan! Sad to lose the tree though.

• May 29, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Right John! She had a hell of a run. Sad she came down on our watch.

• May 29, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Indeed – reminds me of an old Gordon Lightfoot song – If You Could Read My Mind Love, What A Tale my Thoughts Could Tell… not that trees have minds but it’s the way my head works eh! And old ghosts from wishing wells…

• May 30, 2014 at 4:41 am

“And you won’t read that book again because the end is just too hard to take.” Beautiful song. You’re right, it is fitting. I guess my head works that way too!

6. May 30, 2014 at 6:41 am

Wow. I never see trees that big! Yikes. And now I have Gordon Lightfoot in my head.

• May 30, 2014 at 7:48 am

I’m singing it too Kerbey. Not so bad though, it is a great song.
      “You know that ghost is me. And I will never be set free as long as I’m a ghost that you can’t see.”

• May 30, 2014 at 11:53 am

🙂 a friendly ghost!

• May 30, 2014 at 1:24 pm

duh, it just occurred to me that I have the Johnny Cash version of this song embedded in my music player to the right of this post. Of course, a friendly ghost! 😉

• May 30, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I still love you, dork. And you even had COFFEE! I broke down and brewed a pot. I am weak…

• May 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I love that I can count on you to laugh with me! I’m glad you made yourself some coffee pal. Why mess with a good thing?

7. June 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Yowza! That was one heck of a tree.