The Nature of Wildflowers

“The most valuable moments and experiences that life has to offer are found only along its most treacherous paths.” -Augusten Burroughs

I came upon these wildflowers in this extreme drought season and wondered what they would look like if it were an ordinary spring. Live like the wildflowers, Oliva. Spring forward even when it feels impossible. Let that be your nature.

Love you,

Mama

One thought on “The Nature of Wildflowers

1. June 17, 2014 at 6:14 am

They have no give-up in their nature, Sandra. Good lesson for the little one, indeed, sis.

June 17, 2014 at 6:16 am

Beautiful message and picture 🙂

• June 18, 2014 at 5:20 am

Thank you my PunkRock sister! xoxo

3. June 17, 2014 at 7:01 am

Do you ever sell your pictures as large scale prints?

• June 18, 2014 at 5:25 am

Hi Deborah,
      That’s so flattering. I can look into it if you’d like and get back to you with some estimates to cover printing and postage. Thanks for asking! xoxo

• June 18, 2014 at 10:44 am

This one specifically… I don’t know. It just spoke to me. I’d be interested in buying a print of it in a large scale. Like 20×30 or 30×40. Though I’d be happy to have it in a 16×20 or smaller. Let me know if this is something you’d like to do.

You’re wonderful.

• June 19, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Kind friend,
        Do check your email when you get a chance. Sent you a note.
        🙂

4. June 17, 2014 at 7:13 am

Beautiful picture and interesting thought.

5. June 17, 2014 at 9:48 am

They still look beautiful!

• June 18, 2014 at 5:29 am

It would be easier to shrivel up at this point. I admire their determination! Your garden is looking delicious Dora!

6. June 18, 2014 at 11:12 am

What a nice looking theme you’ve got now! And the header is really beautiful! As well as the picture of the wildflowers. 😀

Liked by 2 people

• June 18, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Ninna! I’ve been tinkering with it for a few days now.Thank you for the feedback!

• June 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Did you have to pay extra for this one or is it the same fee as before? I’ve sometimes been wondering about how difficult or easy it would be to change theme if you’ve bought one. Nevertheless, I loved your old one too and you made it so nice with that particular style of yours.

• June 19, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Thanks again Ninna! To answer your question, it is a premium WordPress theme. I’ve used both free and premium options in the past and find it’s the same time consuming process with each change using any new template. But I do love tinkering around with stuff like this. I love your layout too! I think it showcases your beautiful pictures so well.

• June 19, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Yes I saw it was a premium theme and I know there are different prices for different themes. I have never asked, but I’ve wondered if you buy one it can’t be too easy too change to another theme.
        Not the change itself, I have changed themes over and over again over the years on all my blogs.
        But the fact is that you buy it! You can’t just try out a theme before you buy it, what it will look like and how it works. You can only test a couple of things in the preview. Or?
        So if you change your mind pretty soon after you’ve purchased a new theme and realize you don’t like it after all. Isn’t it difficult to change into another then?
        I love tinkering around with these kind of stuff too

• June 19, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Good question Ninna, you’re right you can preview certain features and they do try to describe in words what is available but you never really know until you move in what the place will really feel like. This is only my 2nd premium theme and I haven’t been disappointed so far so I’m not sure what options if any are available if I purchase one I don’t like. If you find out the answer, do let me know. Thanks!

7. June 18, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Aaah, I love wildflowers…and what a beautiful message for your daughter. Touching.

• June 18, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hi Vera,
      I love wildflowers too. Thanks for visiting!

8. June 18, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Ladybird Johnson (Yep, that Johnson, wife of ‘Daddy Bird’: LBJ) was a champion of wildflowers. She is the reason we have such lovely displays of wildflowers all along the highways of Texas.
    “Don’t Mess With Texas Wildflowers!”
    Did you know it is illegal to ‘pick’ bluebonnets?
    Fun fact.

Love this post, by the way!
    Cheers!
    -Lance

• June 18, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I did not know that, Lance (the bit about lady bird and Bluebonnets.) thanks for stopping by and chatting awhile! 😉