Contrasts: The Crayola Effect

Weekly photo Challenge: Contrasts

One vase, that’s only about 3 inches tall, depicting contrasts in 3 frames. I’m playing with a new editor, please pardon the ginormous image. I need to tinker with the sizing for sure. Am I overstating the obvious when I say I love color?Β I still get excited when the waiter brings a kids menu and a box of crayons to our table. Oliva prefers my smart phone.

“We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.” ~Robert Fulghum

Do you prefer color or black and white? Do you still play with crayons too?

One thought on “Contrasts: The Crayola Effect

July 1, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Hi, I have a box of 64 crayons in my desk at work. No, I don’t work for a school, daycare or crayon factory. I use colored pencils and markers on the job all the time, the crayons are for long phone calls when I need to stay awake. πŸ™‚

I have not seen that quote before, but I love it!

• July 2, 2014 at 4:29 pm

This quote made me think of you sweet pal! It would live comfortably within an About page that might include something like, “Hey there, they call me Sheena round here. I like to think of myself as an artist, crayola is my medium. I’m a black belt gamer with a weakness for popcorn and diet pop. I’m the coolest mama bear you’ll ever meet. Fiercely devoted friend. Domo is my DJ. He spins all my favorites, 70’s punk, 80’s pop, Disney tunes. Nice meetin’ ya’ll!” am I in the ballpark? xoxo

• July 3, 2014 at 4:54 pm

“I’m a black belt gamer with a weakness for popcorn and diet pop.”

Hahahaha!
        Lovin’ it!

• NotAPunkRocker
        July 3, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Love, love, love this! πŸ™‚ You are awesome, PunkRockSis ❀

2. July 1, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Wonderful!!!

3. July 2, 2014 at 6:12 am

I used to look at my grandmother’s wardrobe of fuchsias and teals and wonder why old women wear such bright clothes. I went through a black phase in my teens and found color to be vulgar and attention-getting. But the more I age, the more color I enjoy. When I see the beach houses in pinks and turquoise, I think that makes an environment of joy that subdivisions with beige homes lack. I have noticed how aging causes us to fade–our hair, our eyebrows–until we become almost invisible. Perhaps old women in big red hats and purple jewelry are just trying to stay visible!

• July 2, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I don’t think any of us want to disappear. This is very philosophical, dear Kerbey. I like it! Now, who you callin’ an old lady, hmm?!

4. July 2, 2014 at 7:02 am

super composition!! A work of art!!!

• July 2, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Thank you CybeleMoon! You make me blush. You’re too kind! xo

5. July 2, 2014 at 12:44 pm

There is a place in our world for black and white photography. It sets a mood of tension and foreboding, something ominous on the horizon. A snippet of sinister, even, sis?

But, of course, your colors here light up the the screen like Dorothy walking out into Oz. That little vase three ways is quite the heart-racer.

I was a terrible coloring kid with the crayons. I had a hard time staying inside the lines. A wanderer somewhat even back then, I guess, or just really bad at hand-eye art.

• July 2, 2014 at 4:47 pm

No more black and white photography for me for a long while I hope, dear hermano! Your foreshadowing of the post to come has me thinking we really might be composing each other’s posts before too long. πŸ˜‰

6. July 3, 2014 at 12:46 am

Wonderful work and week chosen colors:)

7. July 3, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I love coloring. It’s fun. It makes up for my lack of ability to draw. Bring on the crayons! I do love black-and-white, usually photography.

• July 3, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I’m with you pal! Kids table. Crayons. Every time.

8. July 3, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I remember the greatest thrill for me was waaaayyy back in the day, when I was in first, second, third grade and I would get that box of 128 crayons! I was da shit!
    Loved those crayons. They were yummy!
    (J/K)
    Great work here Sandra.
    Cheers,
    -Lance

• July 3, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I know the box! The one with the sharpener in the back, right? Loved that too! Thanks for reading, Lance. πŸ˜‰

• July 3, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Yeah. The sharpener in the back was ‘da bomb!’
        πŸ™‚

9. July 7, 2014 at 7:01 am

I love those bright colors and I always have crayons, colored pencils, markers, chalk and paints ready for the grand kids